Baigan (eggplant) 6 nos ( small size)
Tava fry masala 1 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli powder 1/2 tsp
Oil 3 tsp
Salt to taste
Fresh corriender leaves for garnish
(Tava fry masala adds more taste to the dish, if you do not have it you can make it optional. In that case you can add jeera & corriender powder with red chilli powder)
1. Cut the baigan into half & do not cut the stems. Make a cross incestion in the center of the baigan.
2. In a pan take 2 tsp of oil and spread it in all over the pan.
3. Once the oil is hot, place the cut baigan on the pan facing the incestion side downwards.
4. Saute till it becomes golden brown. Keep a check so that the baigan is not burnt.
5. Add 1 tsp of oil and lower the heat (gas) & add all the masalas.
6. Cover the pan and let it cook for some time.
7. Prick one of the baigan with a fork to check if well done.
9. Garnish with finely chopped corriender leaves.
10. Serve hot with chapati or Naan.
Tip : You can also fill the masala in the incestion made in the center of the baigan, While cooking keep the flam very low so that the masala is not burnt.