Kabuli chana (chickpeas) 2 cup
Onion 1 no
Tomatoes 2 nos
Ginger/Garlic paste 1/2 tsp
Green chillis 2 nos
Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder 1 tsp
Chole Masala 1 tsp
Garam Masala 1/2 tsp
Oil 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Green chutney 1/2 cup
Sweet date & tamarind chutney 1/2 cup
For Garnishing :
( All garnishes to be finely chopped)
Raw mango (optinal)
1. Soak the kabuli chana (chickpeas) overnight & pressure cook them the next day.
2. Finely chop onion, tomatoes, corriender leaves, green chillis & make a fine paste of ginger/garlic.
3. In a kadhai or pan take some oil add cumin seeds & allow them to crackle.
4. Add ginger/garlic paste & add onions. Saute until the onions are light brown.
5. Add all the masalas & tomatoes & saute.
6. Add the cooked kabuli chana , salt & mix well. Sprinkle little water & cover with a lid, allow it to cook for few minutes.
Before Serving :
1. In a bowl add some chole. Top it with green chutney, sweet date & tamarind chutney.
2. Garnish with sev, onions, tomatoes, raw mango & corriender leaves.
3. Serve immediately.