One of the favourite street food we all enjoy....
Pav 4 nos
Potatoes 2 nos
Onion 1 no
Pomegranate pearls 1/2 cup
Corriender leaves few
Lemon juice 1 tsp
Peanuts 3 tbsp
Nylon sev 1/2 cup
Dabeli masala 11/2 tsp
Salt To taste
Oil 2 tbsp
Butter as required to toaste the dabeli
Red chilli & garlic chutney 1/2 cup
Date &Tamarind chutney 1/2 cup
1. Boil the potatoes & mash them well.
2. Finely chop oinions, corriender leaves.
3. In a pan take some oil. Add little chopped onion add dabeli masala & saute.
4. Add mashed potatoes & mix well. Now add lemon juice & salt. Mix well.
6. Add the peanuts to the potato mixture.
7. Spread this mixture on a plate evenly & sprinkle pomogranetes pearls all over the mixture.
8. Cut the pav into half but not fully. Apply tamarind chutney, red chilli & garlic chutney.
9. Now fill the potato masala, top it with chopped onion, nylon sev & corriender leaves & press lightly.
10. On a hot tava toast the dabeli with butter & serve hot.
Tip : Instead of nylon sev you also use farsan (mixture) it gives dabeli more crunchy taste.