Toor dal 1 cup
Red chilli powder 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Cumin powder a pinch
Corriender powder a pinch
Hing (asafotida) a pinch
Red dry chillis 2 nos
Salt to taste
Oil 3 tbsp
Fresh corriender leaves few
Garlic 2 nos
1. Cook the toor dal in a pressure cooker & blend it.
2. In a kadhai or pan heat some oil, add cumin allow it to crackle.
3. Add little hing, red chilli powder, cumin & corriender powder & add the dal.
4. Add some water to get right consistency add salt and mix well.
5. Allow the dal to boil. Transfer it to the serving bowl.
6. In small kadhai or pan take 2 tbsp of oil add jeera to it.
7. Add the dry red chillis, garlic (finely chopped) & red chilli powder.
8. Pour this tadka (tempering) on the dal. Garnish with some corriender leaves.
9. Serve immediately .