Carrot 1 cup (grated)
Capsicum 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
Beet 1 cup (grated)
Green peas 1/2 cup (boiled & roughly mashed)
Green chillis 2 nos
Corriender leaves few
Red Chilli powder 1 tsp
Cumin poweder 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Maida 1/2 cup
Oil for shallow frying
1. Boil potatoes & mash them.
2. In a bowl mix mashed potatoes with grated carrots, beet, chopped capsicum, green chillis & corriender leaves.
3. Add all the masalas, maida & salt. Mix well.
4. Check that the tikki mixture binds together well without falling apart. Check this by making a tikki.
5. For Making the tikki : Make a ball of the mixture, lightly press the ball & make it flat.
6. On a non stick pan apply oil, place the tikki's & shallow fry them till golden brown.
7. Serve hot with green chutneys or tomato ketchup.
Tip : You can also serve these tikkis by applying green chutney & date & tamarind chutney & some chopped onions & corriender leaves & by garnishing with sev.
Post a Comment