Moong dal ( Green Gram ) 1cup
Onion 1 no
Tomato 1 no
Green chillis 2 nos
Ginger/Garlic paste 1/2 tsp
Fresh corriender leaves few
Curry leaves few (optional)
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
Haldi a pinch
Hing (asafotida) a pinch
Cumin powder 1/2 tsp
Corriender powder 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil 2 tsp
1. Pressure cook the dal, mash a little & keep aside.
2. In a kadhai or pan heat oil & add cumin seeds (jeera), allow it to crackle & add hing.
3. Add chopped green chillis, ginger/garlic paste & saute. Add oinion & saute till light brown.
4. Add all the masalas & chopped tomatoes & saute till the masala is well cooked.
5. Add the dal & some water upto right consistency & mix well.
6. Add salt & let the dal boil for sometime.
7. Garnish with fresh corriender leaves & serve hot.
Tip : you can also give tadka to the dal before serving. In takda you can put dry red chillies, oil, cumin seeds & little chopped garlic & some red chilli powder.