1 big onion
1 1/2 cup finely copped cabbage
1 small cup green peas
1/2 tsp garlic paste
1/2 tsp ginger paste
2 tbsp pav bhaji masala (take more depending on your taste for spice)
1 tsp red chilli powder
4 tbsp Amul butter
1 tsp lemon juice
Coriander For garnishing
1. Chop all vegetables finely. Boil potatoes and green peas.
2. In a pan add some butter add cabbage and capsicum. Saute for 5 mins.
3. Add some water to it to make it soft.
4. Once the cabbage & capsicum is soft add tomatoes. Allow it to cook. The water contain in tomatoes will more soften the vegetables, so do not add any water at this time.
5. Once the tomatoes become mashy, mash the vegetables with pav bhaji smasher and add little more water & allow it cook further until they become very soft.
6. In the same pan when the water is evaporated and it is not liquid, bring the vegetables at a side.
7. Put some butter add some ginger - garlic paste, chilli powder and pav bhaji masala & saute. Now bring the vegetables and masala together and mix well. Add some water now.
8. Peel the boil potatoes and mash them. Add potatoes and green peas to the sabji and mix well.
9. If the sabji is dry keep adding little water.
10. In separate pan add some butter. Add red chilli powder, pav bhaji masala, lemon juice and kasuri methi (optional). Add chopped onions, saute til onions are brown.
11. Now add this onion masala to the sabji cooked previously and miss well.
12. Add some water up to the right consistency of a bhaji.
13. Add salt and some more butter.
14. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves & serve hot with pav / bread and onion salad.
15. Enjoy !
Onion Salad for Pav Bhaji
The quantity of below ingredients depends on the amount of salad you would like to make.
Pav bhaji masala
Chopped coriander leaves
In a bowl take some chopped onions. Add pav bhaji masala, lemon juice, coriander leaves and salt mix together and serve with pav bhaji.