Rajma (Pinto beans) 2 cups
Tomatoes 4 nos
Onion 1 no
Ginger/garlic paste 1 tsp
Corriender leaves For garnishing
Rajma masala 2 tsp
Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp
Jeera 1 tsp
Oil 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
1. Soak rajma overnight. The next day pressure cook rajma up to 3-4 whistles. Do not throw the water.
2. Make a fine paste of onion & ginger/garlic paste. Puree the tomatoes.
3. In a pan add oil & add jeera to it.
4. Add ginger/garlic paste saute for a while & add onion paste. Saute.
5. Once the paste turns light brown add all the masalas and tomato puree. Saute this masala until the masala leaves oils from sides.
6. Now add rajma & the water kept aside in which rajma was boiled if required add more water for right cosistency. Add salt.
7. Cover with a lid and let it boil for some time.
8. Garnish with finely chopped corriender leaves.
9. Serve hot with chapatis or jeera rice.
Tip : I would recommend MDH rajma masala it gives a good taste to the dish.