Brinjal 6 nos
Potatoes 2 nos
Onions 1 no
Tomatoes 1 nos
Garlic 2 nos
Fresh corriender leaves few
Red chilli powder 11/2 tsp
Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
Hing (asafotida) a pinch
Corriender powder 1 tsp
Cumin powder 1 tsp
Goda Masala 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil 21/2 tsp
1. Chop brinjal & potatoes in cubes. Finely chop onion, tomatoes & corriender leaves & paste the garlic.
2. In a kadhai or pan heat some oil, add mustard seeds & allow them to crackle. Add hing.
3. Add chopped onion & garlic paste. Saute till light brown.
4. Add tomatoes & all the masalas & saute till well done.
5. Add the cubes of cut brinjal & potatoes & mix well.
6. Add salt & water, cover the pan & let the sabji cook.
7. Check the water level so that thin gravy consistency is maintained.
8. Garnish with corriender leaves & serve with chapati.