Koftas mainly consist of ground or minced meat, it was originally a non- vegeterian dish.
Later the vegeterian variety was made like Lauki kofta, poatato kofta etc which ar every popular in India. They are made with rich ingredients.
Potatoes 4 nos ( boiled & mashed )
Paneer (cottage cheese) 1 cup ( grated )
Green chillis 4 nos (finely chopped )
Fresh corriender leaves few leaves ( finely chopped )
Corn flour 3 tbsp
Mixed dry fruits 2-3 tsp ( chopped)
Sallt to taste
Oil for frying
For Gravy :
Tomato 6 nos ( puried )
Onion 1 no ( paste )
Ginger/Garlic paste 1 tsp
Fresh corriender leaves for garnishing
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Cumin powder 1/2 tsp
Corriender powder 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala 11/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil 3 tsp
Fresh cream 2tsp
Mava 1/2 cup ( mixed well in water )
For Kofta :
1. In a bowl mix mashed potatoes, grated paneer, green chillis, corriender leaves & salt. Mix well.
2. Make equal size balls & deep fry them till light golden brown.
For Gravy :
1. In kadhai or pan heat oil add cumin seeds & allow them to crackle. Add hing.
2. Add onion paste & saute till light brown. Add all the spices except garam masala & tomato puree.
3. Saute till this masala leaves oil from sides.
4. Add garam masala, fresh cream & the mava mixed with water allow it to boil. Add water for right consistency of the gravy.
5. Just before serving add the kofta & reheat the dish.
6. Garnish with chopped corriender leaves & grated paneer.
7. Serve hot with with roti or naan & any rice preparation.
Tip : As we boil tomatoes for making puree, boil the onion & then make a paste. This gives the dish a nice taste.