Basmati rice 2 cups
Carrots 1/2 cup ( chopped in medium size cubes )
French Beans 1/2 cup ( chopped in small pieces)
Green peas ( matar ) 1/2 cup
Capsicum 1/2 cup ( chopped in medium size cubes )
Cauliflower few florets
Fresh corriender leaves few ( finely chopped )
Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
Whole black peppers 3-4 nos
Green Cardamon 2-3 nos
Cinnamon stick 2 small nos
Salt to taste
Oil 3 tsp
Cashewnuts 4-5 nos
Kismis 5-6 nos
1. Wash the rice & immerse the rice in water for some time.
2. Drain the water & spread it on a plate or any flat surface.
3. In a kadhai or pan heat some oil. Add cumin seeds & allow them to crackle.
4. Add all the khada masalas & saute a little. Add all the chopped vegetables &dry fruits & saute.
5. Add the basamati rice & saute it for sometime.
6. Add 2 cups of water & salt. Mix well.
7. Cover the kadhai or pan with lid & allow the rice to cook.
8. Check the water level, add water if required.
9. Garnish with corriender leaves.
- You can garnish the pulao with fried onions.
- To avoid the basmati rice to break, squeeze some lemon juice & spread it on plate or flat surface before cooking.
Post a Comment