Sabudana Usal or Khichadi is an India dish, specially made in Maharastra State in India. Mainly this dish is consumed during fast, accompanied by Dahi (curd) or Taak (buttermilk). It is cooked with combination of Sabuda (sago), crushed peanuts & green chillis & with some other spices. To can also relish this dish with Potato papad.
Sabudana (Sago) 4 cups
Roasted semi crushed peanuts 6 tbsp
Fresh grated coconut 4 tsp ( optinal )
Fresh corriender leaves for garnishing
Lemon juice 2 tsp
Green chillis 4 nos ( chop them in halfs )
Cumin seeds 1tsp
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Sugar 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil 2 tsp
1. Soak the sabudana (sago) overnight with very little water.
2. In a bowl mix sabudana with salt, sugar & red chilli powder. Mix well.
3. In a pan heat some oil add cumin seeds & allow them to crackle.
4. Add chopped green chilli & saute for a minute.
5. Add the sabudana mix, add crushed peanuts & mix well.
6. Sprinkle some water & cover the pan with a lid.
7. Keep the flame low & allow it cook on steam.
8. Add grated coconut, chopped corriender leaves & lemon juice. Mix well.
9. Serve hot with curd & lemon pickle.