Idli is one of the famous South Indian dishes in India and enjoyed by all age groups. It is accompanied by Sambhar and coconut chutney. Now-a-days their are variety of dishes made from idli batter. It is mostly served as an breakfast.
Rice 2 cups
White urad dal 1 cup
Salt to taste
Oil for greasing the idli tray
Method of making idli batter :
1. Soak the urad dal and rice in seprate container overnight.
2. Next day grind them in fine paste and mix them in container together.
3. Add salt and allow it to ferment well atleats upto 9 hours.
Method of making idlis :
1. Once the batter is well fermented its ready to make idlis.
2. Grease the idli tray with oil.
3. Add little batter to all the idli holders in the tray. Do not over fill.
4. Steam the idlis in an idli cooker or pressure cooker without the whistle and let it steam cook for 15-20 minutes.
5. Serve hot with sambhar and coconut chutney.