Palak (spinach) 1/2 bumch
Lemon juice 1/2 tsp (optional)
Wheat flour 2 cups
Red chilli powder 2 tsp
Cumin powder (jeera powder) 1 tsp
Corriender powder 1/2 tsp
Til 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for shallow frying the paratha
For Palak :
- Blanch the palak in some water for 5 mins & make a puree. Recerve the water for later use while making the paratha dough. OR
- In this recipe i have just roughly minced the palak in a blender without blanching as this increases the nutritive value of the paratha.
1. In a parat add the wheat flour & all the spices, lemon juice. little oil & salt & mix well.
2. Now add the palak & knead into a soft dough. Let it rest for some time.
3. Make equal size balls.
4. Roll them into semi thick paratha & shallow fry till light golden brown.
5. Serve with mango pickle or raita or plain curd.
I love the combination of paratha, yogurt and pickle. Yummy!
Post a Comment