Paneer 1 packet
Curd 2 cups
Masala (A) :
Poppy seeds (khuskhus) 1 tbsp
Chironji (charoli) 1 tsp
Desicated coconut 2 tsp
Masala (B) :
Green cardamon 7-8 nos
Cloves 5-6 nos
Mace 1/2 tsp
White pepper powder 1 tsp
Saffron a pinch
Rose water 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil 2 tbsp
1. Cut 1/2 cm thick layers of cottage cheese, then cut them in triangular pieces.
2. Deep fry chironji and cashewnut in a oil to a light brown colour.
3. Roast the poppy seeds.
4. Grind together fried chironji, cashewnut, poppy seeds, desicated coconut into little curd. This is Masala (A).
5. Grind all the ingredients together listed in Masala (B).
6. Beat the curd in a bowl and add Masala (A) and (B), pepper and salt. Mix well.
7. Dissolve saffron in 1 tsp of rose water & mix it in the curd mixture.
8. To the curd mixture add the paneer triangles, and mix well with light hand.
9. Place this mixture in greased casarol and sprinkle the remaing 1 tsp of rose water.
10. Place it in the oven at the temperature of 150 degrees for 10 minutes.
11. Garnish with fresh corriender leaves & serve with Naan or roti.
12. If desired serve with the cream topping.