Flour 115 gms
Powdered sugar 115 gms
Butter 115 gms
Eggs 2 nos
Baking Powder 1/2 tsp
Pineapple essence 1/4 tsp
Pineapple slices 3 nos
Glazed cherries 10 nos (canned cherries)
Walnuts 30 gms
1. Caramelize sugar in a 1/2 kg cake tin & keep aside.
2. Allow the caramelized sugar in the cake tin to cool & now arrange the pineapple slices, cherries & walnut in a decorative manner in the cake tin directly.
3. Grease the sides of the tin.
4. Make a sponge cake batter. ( Refer the simple sponge cake recipe http://dskrecipes.blogspot.com/2010/10/simple-sponge-cake.html )
5. Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 mins.
7. Now invert the cake tin on a wire rack to cool.