The below recipe which is very simple version and very easy to make. I am making it very light with no cream or yogurt instead using water to braise the vegetables. You can add yogurt or few dry fruits.
Boiled potatoes (aloo) 2nos (cut in medium size cubes)
Cabbage (patta kobi) 1 cup ( dises)
Green peas (mutter) 1/2 cup
Beans 1 cup (cut in medium size long or in dimond shape)
Onions 1 no
Green chillis 2 nos
Ginger paste 1 tsp
Lime juice 1 tsp
Fresh coconut 1/2 cup
For Masala :
Fennel seeds (sauf) 1 tsp
Cardamon (elaichi) 2 nos
Cloves (lavang) 2 nos
Salt to taste
Oil 3 tsp
1. Heat oil in a pan & saute the vegetables except potatoes. Add little water & saute till well done.
2. Grind together ginger, green chillies, corriender leaves, 1/2 the onion & fresh coconut.
3. Roast fennel seeds, cardamon & cloves & powder them.
4.Heat oil in other pan add slices of the 1/2 onion left. Add freshly made powder of garam masala & the grinded masala of ( ginger, green chillies, corriender leaves, 1/2 the onion & fresh coconut.) & saute.
5. Now add boiled potatoes & other sauted vegetables & little hot water & let it cook for 5 minutes.
6. Add salt & lime juice. Mix well.
7. Garnish with fresh corriender leaves & some grated paneer.
8. serve hot with Roti, Nan etc.
- If you want too add yogurt to this dish add it when the vegetables are added to the spices & masala.