Dates 225 gms
Walnuts 55 gms
Castor sugar 115 gms
Margerine 55 gms
Flour 115 gms
Eggs 2 nos
Sodium-bi-carbonate 1/4 tsp
Baking powder 1/4 tsp
Vanilla essence 1/4 tsp
Water 160 ml
1. Remove the stones from the dates & soak them in water, add soda-bi-carbonate to it & soak them overnight.
2. Chop walnuts & keep aside.
3. Add baking powder to the flour & seive well & keep aside.
4. In a bowl mix margarine & sugar till light & fluffy.
5. Beat the eggs in a bowl to this add the margarine & sugar mixture gradually.
6. Now add the essence, dates & chopped walnuts to the above mixture.
7. Add the flour & mix well.
8. Grease the cake tin & pour the cake batter in the cake tine.
9. Bake the cake at 300 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
10. Allow the cake to cool down before serving.
11. Serve it with tea or coffee.
wow beautiful combination of dates n walnut ...cake sounds really interesting
Thanks Satya :)
I glad you liked it.
Keep coming for more recipes.
Post a Comment