This is a quick yet tasty recipe.
Aloo (potatoes) 1 no
Baigan (small size brinjal) 8 nos
Corriender leaves finely chopped for garnishing
Red chilli powder 2 tsp
Turmeric powder a pinch
Corriender powder 1 tsp
Cumin powder 1 tsp
Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
Asafotida (hing) a pinch
Salt to taste
Oil 2 tsp
1. Chop baigan and potatoes in medium thick slices.
2. In non-stick pan heat oil add cumin seeds and allow them to crackle. Add asafotida.
3. Add sliced potatoes and saute till potatoes are light brown.
4. Add all the spices and add chopped baigan and mix well.
5. Add salt and cover with the lid.
6. Sprinkle little water and let it cook til well done.
7. Garnish with freshly chopped corriender leaves and serve with chapati or puri.