Potatoes 2 nos (Boiled and cut in medium size cubes)
Onions 1 no ( chopped in thin slices)
Green chillis 2 nos ( chopped in medium size)
Fresh corriender leaves for garnishing
Fresh coconut 2 tsp ( grated) optinal
Lemon juice 1 tsp
Ginger/garlic paste 1 tsp
Dry red chilli 2 nos ( cut in half)
Asafotida a pinch
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
White moong 2 tsp
Cashewnuts 3-4 nos ( small pieces) optinal
Salt to taste
Oil 2 tbsp
1. In a pan heat oil add hing, green chillis, dry red chillis, moond dal, onions and ginger/garlic paste. Saute.
2. Saute till the onion are translucent. Add turmeric powder and cashewnuts and mix well.
3. Add potatoes and mix well.
4. Sprinkle some water add salt and mix well. Cover with the lid and let it cook on steam.
5. Add lemon juice and grated coconut and mix well.
6. Garnish with fresh corriender leaves and use it for masala dosa.