Kadhi is an Indian dish and is prepared is various Indian cuisines in India. The main ingredient is curd (yogurt, dahi) from which its made. In few cuisines besan (gramflour) is added to it but few people do not add it. The curd is add to water and other spices are added to give a nice flavour.
Plain kadhi is usually accompanied by Khichadi and Kadhi pakora is a dish where dumpling of besan (gramflour) are added to the kadhi and served with Indian Bread (roti,nan) and rice.
For Kadhi :
Curd 1 cup
Water 1 cup
Gram flour(besan) 3 tbsp
Garlic little (finely chopped)
Curry leaves 3-4 nos
Corriender leaves for garnishing
Haldi poweder( turmeric) 1/2 tsp
Hing (Asafotida) a pinch
Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
Corriender seeds 1 tsp
Fenugreek seeds (Methi dana) 1 tsp
Dry red chillis 3 nos
Salt to taste
Ghee 3 tsp and for tempering
For Pakodas :
Gram flour (besan) 11/2 cup
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Method for making Kadhi :
1. In a bowl mix curd, besan and water together and keep aside.
2. In kadhai or pan heat ghee add cumin seeds and allow them to crackle.
3. Add hing, red chillis, curry leaves, ginger, corriender seeds, fenugreek seeds and mix well.
4. Add the curd mixture to this tempering and allow the kadhi to boil.
5. If too thick add some more water and boil it.
Method for making Pakoras:
1. In a bowl mix besan with red chilli water, salt and water.
2. Make a thick batter and fry them in roundals in a hot oil till light golden brown.
3. Soak them in room temperature water for 5-6 mins.
4. Squeeze them without breaking and add them to to the kadhi.
1. Boil the kadhi a little.
2. Garnish with corriender leaves.
3. In sall pan heat some ghee add dry red chiilis and purthis tempering on the kadhi.
4. Serve immediately with rotis and rice.