This is a simple recipe and very quick to make. You can also use the left over rice of the previous day and just give a simple tadka and it tastes great. In this recipe I have used fresh cooked rice.
Rice 1 cup ( Basmati or plain rice)
Onion 1 no ( finely chopped )
Green chillis 2 nos ( Chopped )
Fresh corriender leaves for garnishing
Curry leaves 2-3 nos
Peanuts few ( optinal )
Green peas few ( optinal )
Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Asafotida a pinch
Mustard seeds a pinch
Oil 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Sugar a pinch
1. Cook the rice in a separate container and keep aside.
2. In pan or kadhai heat oil add mustard seeds and allow them to crackle.
3. Add asafotida, chopped onions and green chillis and saute till the onions are translucent.
4. Add the spices and mix well.
5. Add rice, salt and a pinch of sugar and mix well.
6. Sprinkle little water and cover with the lid and let it cook for 5 minutes.
7. Garnish with fresh corriender leaves and some lemon juice and serve hot.
Hey, that looks super yummy and very simple too :)
Thanks a lot. Was exactly looking for this thing.
Any other things I can make just with rice ? No patience to make daals, thats why :)
..and I cant understand the pressure cooker in the US. So anything on the stove and MicroW.
Thanks Priya :)
Thanks... I am glad my blog could help you what what you were liking :)
For more rice recipes you can visit the blow link (section) on my blog.
Post a Comment