This is a simple and quick method for making Veg Biryani and tastes great ......
Biryani is one of the most famous dish in India and in many parts of the world. It a rice based dish made with spices, vegetables or chicken or mutton. Biryani is orginated in Iran and intoduced in India Cuisine by the Irani travellers who visited India due to business reasons.
There are various types of biryani....
Kacchi Biryani etc.
Let me share with you a quick recipe.
Basmati rice 1 cup
Potatoes 1 no ( boiled and cut into medium size cubes)
Onion 1 no ( chopped in thin slices)
Cauliflowers 1/2 cup ( chopped in medium size florests)
Green peas 1/2 cup
Tomatoes 2 nos small size ( chopped in medium size cubes)
Carrots 1/2 cup (chopped in small cubes)
Capsicum 1/2 cup ( chopped in small size cubes)
French beans 1/2 cup
Fresh corriender leaves for garnishing
Ginger/garlic paste 1 tsp
Paneer (optional) 1/2 cup ( cut in small size cubes)
Cashewnuts few ( fried)
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Biryani masala 2tsp (you can use MDH or Everest biryani masala)
Oil 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
1. Take all the chopped vegetables in a microwave safe glass bowl add sufficent water and cook till half done. Do not boil tomatoes and green peas.
2. Boil a little rice separetly and keep aside for later use.
3. In pan heat oil add onions and ginger/garlic paste and saute till onions are translucent.
3. Add tomatoes and saute till half done.
4. Add all the spices and biryani masala and the half done vegetables.
5. Mix well and add the water in which vegetables were boiled.
6. Add rice, salt and mix well.
7. Cover with a lid and allow it to cook well. In between check if more water is required.
8. When the rice is half done add peas, cashewnuts, kismis and mix well and allow it cook.
9. Shallow fry the paneer cubes till light golden brown in a separate pan and keep aside.
10. When the biryani is cooked mix the paneer cubes and the plain rice cooked this adds colour to the biryani . Garnish with fresh corriender leaves and some friend onions.
wow, sounds soooooooo yummy !!!
Post a Comment