Aloo ( Potatoes) 2 nos ( boiled and cut into cubes )
Palak ( Spinach ) 1 bunch
Ginger/garlic paste 11/2 tsp
Tomatoes 2 nos ( finely chopped )
Onion 1 no ( finely chopped )
Green chilli 2 nos ( make a slit and cut it into half )
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Corriender powder 11/2 tsp
Cumin powder 1 1/2 tsp
Garam masala to sprinkle
Salt to taste
Oil 2 tsp
1. Clean and wash the palak. Blanch the half bunch of palak in warm water and preserve the water.
2. In a grinder make a fine paste of blanch palak and the palak kept aside, this give nice green colour to the dish and also keeps the nutrients.
3. Heat oil in a pan add chopped onions and ginger/garlic paste and saute till the onions are translucent.
4. Add all the spices, green chillis and tomatoes and mix well. Sprinkle some water to avoid the masala to burn.
5. Saute till the masala leaves oil from the sides.
6. Add the palak puree and the preserved water mix well.
7. Sprinkle garam masala and salt and cover with the lid and let it boil for few minutes.
For Potatoes :
You can add the boiled cut potatoes directly.
Saute the potato cubes in a non stick pan by adding little oil. Saute till the sides are slight brown.
8. Add the potatoes to the palak gravy and mix well.
9. Garnish with grated paneer and serve with roti (Indian bread) and rice.