Palak ( spinach ) 1 bunch ( finely chopped )
Onions 1/2 cup slices
Tomato 1 no ( small size) ( chopped in slices)
Garlic paste 1 tsp
Green chillis 2 nos ( cut them in half vertically )
Spilt yellow moong dal 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Corriender powder 1 tsp
Cumin powder 1 tsp
Hing (Asafotida) a pinch
Salt to taste
Oil 2 tsp
1. Heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds and allow them to crackle.
2. Add hing, yellow moong dal, garlic paste, green chillis and onions. Saute till onions are translucent.
3. Add tomatoes and all other spices and mix well. Saute till the masala is well cooked.
4. Add palak and mix well.
5. Add salt and cover the pan with a lid and let the sabji cook.
6. Serve hot with chapati (Indian bread).