This is a very simple and quick to make. The word rassa means very liquidy gravy.
Potatoes 2 nos ( cut in medium size cubes )
Garlic 3 cloves ( chopped )
Green chillis 2 nos
Corriender leaves finely chopped
Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
Hing a pinch
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Corriender powder 1 tsp
Cumin powder 1 tsp
Gram flour ( besan ) 1/2 tsp ( this thickens the gravy )
Salt to taste
Oil 2 tsp
Water as required
In this recipe i have throughly washed the potatoes and chopped them without removing the skin. It tastes really good. If you do not like to eat potato with skin you can remove the skin and follow the same recipe.
1. Heat oil in pan add cumin seeds and allow them to crackle. Add hing.
2. Add chopped garlic, green chillis and all the spices. Add chopped potatoes.
3. Add sufficient water to let the potatoes boil until well done. While cooking cover the pan with lid.
4. When potatoes are half done add salt and check if morw water required. Sprinkle little besan and mix well. Cover with lid and let it cook until potatoes are soft.
5. This dish requires light and lot of liquidy gravy so check on water contain.
6. Garnish with corriender leaves and serve hot with puris and pulao.
Tip : Serve along with lemon wedge and slices of onion.