Green Peas Curry is very simple to make and goes well along with bread or various farsan topping.
New : Visit Know you Ingredients Blog
Green channa 2 cups ( soaked over night )
Onion 1 no ( finely chopped )
Green chillis 2 nos ( finely chopped )
Fresh corriender leaves finely chopped
Garlic paste 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice 1 tsp
Red chilli powder 1 1/2 tsp
Corriender powder 1 tsp
Cumin powder 1 tsp
Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
Hing ( Asafotida ) a pinch
Salt to taste
Oil 2 tsp
1. Pressure cook green peas upto 4-5 whistle and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in pan add cumin seeds and hing.
3. Add green chillis, garlic paste and onions and saute till onions are translucent.
4. Add all spices and mix well.
5. Add boiled green peas and some water, salt and mix well.
6. Cover with lid and let it boil for few minutes.
7. Garnish with chopped onions, corriender leaves and squeez some lemon juice and serve.
Tip : Farsan or any mixture can be topped on peas curry.
The dish tastes really good with plain bread or toasted bread.