Paneer Burji comes from Punjabi Cuisine from India. Crumbled paneer ( Indian Cottage cheese ) cooked with onions and spices. This dish tastes great and simple to make.
Paneer ( Indian cottage cheese) 1 packet
Onions 3 nos (small size, finely chopped)
Capsicum 1/2 ( finely chopped )
Green chillis 2 nos ( finely chopped )
Corriender leaves finely chopped
Red chillis 1/2 tsp
Turmeric 1/2 tsp
Corriender powder 1 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder 1 1/2 tsp
King king masala 1 1/2 tsp ( optional ) OR
Garam masala 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil 2 1/2 tsp
1. Crumble the paneer and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds and allow them to crackle.
3. Saute onions till translucent and add all the spices. Mix well.
4. Add crumbled paneer and mix well. Keep the gas on low to medium flame.
5. Add salt and sprinkle little water and cover the pan with lid. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
6. Add capsicum and saute for few minutes. Turn of the heat so that capsicum is crunchy and paneer remains soft.
7. Garnish with corriender leaves and serve hot.