Bechamel sauce is also known as white sauce. It is the mother sauce and used in variety of Italian dishes. Very simple to make and tastes great with pasta.
Milk 2 cups
All purpose flour (maida) 3 tbsp
Butter 2 tbsp
Garlic (optional) few finely chopped ( if you like garlic flavour )
Pasta 1 cup boiled
Black pepper powder to taste
Red pepper ( chilli flakes) to taste
Italian seasonings 1 tsp
Salt to taste
1. In bowl add water and some salt to pasta and let it boil until well cooked. Drain pasta in cold running water and keep aside.
2. In a non stick pan heat butter and add garlic, all purpose flour and mix well. Keep the flame medium.
3. Add milk and mix well. Mix well to avoid lumps.
4. If lumps are formed mash them with spoon.
5. Let the sauce cook until its semi thick and smooth.
6. Add boiled pasta and all the spices and mix well.
7. Serve hot.
- Add sauted vegetables to pasta. Just toss vegetables on butter on a pan and add to the dish.
- Garnish the dish with grated cheese and broil it in the oven until the cheese is light brown in colour.
- You can also make layers of vegetable, pasta and cheese and bake the dish.