This is a simple recipe and very quick to make and tastes yummy.
Kabuli chana ( chickpea ) 2 cups
Tea leaves bags 2 bags
Kashmiri red chilli powder 1/2 tsp
Corriender powder 1 tbsp
Cumin powder 1 tbsp
Channa Masala 1 tbsp ( I would recommend MDH or Badshah Masala brands )
Amchur powder 1/2 tsp
Anardana powder 1/2 tsp
Powdered black pepper 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil 2 tbsp
Onions for garnishing
Tomatoes (optional) for garnishing
Green chillis for garnishing
Corriender leaves few finely chopped
1. Overnight soak the chikpeas and next day pressure cook them until soft. Place the teabags add salt and some amchur powder in the pressure cook before cooking them. To get more darker color you can place 1 teabag while they are soaked overnight.
2. In small bowl mix all the masalas except , ground black pepper powder, anardana powder and amchur powder.
3. Add little water to the masala to make a thick paste and mix well.
4. Heat oil in a pan on a medium heat add the masala paste and saute for a minute.
5. Add the chole and mix well.
6. Sprinkle salt, amchur powder, ground black pepper powder, anardana powder and chopped corriender leaves and mix well.
7. Sprinkle some water and let it cook for few minutes.
8. Garnish with slices of onions, tomatoes and green chillis.
9. Serve hot with puri, nan or roti.
10. Enjoy!Other Chole variety recipes :
Yumm, marvellous chole..
Thankyou Priya :)
Post a Comment