Bhindi ( Ladyfinger ) 2 cups
Fresh corriender leaves for garnishing
Green chilli 1 no
Red chilli powder 1tsp
Cumin 1 1/2 tsp
Correinder powder 1 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala 1/2 tsp
Amchur 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil 2 tbsp
1. Wipe the bhindi with damp cloth and cut them vertically in half. If the bhindi is too think cut them in four pieces vertically. Cut the green chilli in half and deseed.
2. Keep this bhindi overnight or atleast for 2-3 hrs in the refrigerator. This helps in removing the sticky material in the bhindi.
3. In small bowl mix red chilli powder, corriender powder, cumin powder and add little water to make a semi liquid paste.
4. Heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds and allow them to crackle.
5. Add the spice paste and saute for a minute. Now add the chopped bhindi and green chilli and mix well so that the bhindi is coated with masala.
6. Saute till the bhindi is well cooked and little crispy. Add salt, sprinkle garam masala and amchur powder and mix well.
7. Serve hot with chapati (indian bread) and pulao.