Sev Rassa this is an Maharastrian dish and popular in Maharastra State in India. Very spicy in taste and a blend of various Indian spices. Bhavnagri sev is added to this spicy curry and relish with chapatis ( Indian Bread ) and plain rice.
Whole Garam Masala :
Corriender seeds 2 tsp
Black pepper 5 nos
Cloves 4 nos
Bayleaves 2 nos
Cinnamon stick 2 nos
Cumin seeds 2 tsp
Dry red chillis 8 nos
Other Ingredients :
Poppy seeds 2 tsp
Dale 2 tsp
Dry coconut 4 tbsp
Seseam 2 tsp
Fennel seeds (sauf) 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil 7 tbsp
Water as required
Onions 1 no ( large size chopped in slices or cubes)
Ginger/garlic paste 2 tsp
Corriender leaves finely chopped
Bhavnagri sev as required.
1. In a pan dry roast the garam masala and other ingredients and grind them into fine powder.
2. Heat little oil a pan add onions and sautethem till light golden brown.
3. In a blender grind the fresh spice powder and onions together and make a fine paste.
Onion and spices paste ready to use
5. Add ginger/garlic paste and the onion and spices mixture paste and saute till the massla separates the oil from the sides.
6. Add water to a consistency of a semi thick gravy and let it boil till oil is seen on the surface.
7. Add salt and garnish with corriender leaves.
8. Just before serving add the bhavnagri sev in individual bowls and serve with onions slices, lemon wedge and chapati.
Simply inviting, super delicious sev rassa,goes prefect with rotis..yumm!
Hey thanks Priya :)
Post a Comment