Chilli Paneer is one the famous dishes in India and falls under Indo-Chinese recipes. Very simple and quick to cook. This dish can be made in different ways and it taste great. And why not ! various combination of Chinese sauces and vegetable makes it very tempting and yummy.
This dish goes very well as a starter or an accompaniment.
- Paneer ( Indian cottage chesse ) 1/2 packet ( Cut in small-medium size cubes )
- Capsicum ( Bell peppers ) 1/2 cup ( chopped in medium size cubes )
- Onion 1/2 cup ( chopped in medium size cubes )
- Tomato 1/2 cup ( chopped in medium size cubes )
- Spring onion finely chopped (optinal)
- Garlic 2 tsp ( Corasley chopped)
- Ginger 1 tsp ( coarsley chopped )
- Green chilli 1 no ( finely chopped )
Chinese sauces :
- Soya sauce as required
- Vinegar to taste
- Chilli-garlic sauce to taste ( i have used 1 tsp)
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp
- Pepper 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil 2 tsp
Other ingredients :
- Maida ( All purpose flour ) 1tsp
- White Corn flour 2 tsp
- Step 1 :
1. Chop all vegetables and keep aside.
2. In a bowl mix maida, corn flour, salt and some pepper. Add paneer cubes and sprinkle some water and mix well. So that the mixture makes a light coating on the paneer cubes.
3. As shown in the below picture.
- Step 2 :
1. Heat 1 tsp if oil on a not stick pan and shallow fry the paneer cubes untill light golden brown from both the sides. As shown in the below picture.
The Paneer cubes are ready
- Step 3 :
1. Use the same pan heat some oil add chopped ginger and garlic and saute till them and slightly light brown.
2. Add the chilli-garlic sauce, 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder green chilli, and soya sauce.
3. Add vegetables and saute for a minute. The vegetable should not be soft but crisp so do not over cook.
4. Add vinegar and mix well.
5. Add paneer cubes, salt and black pepper powder and mix well.
6. Turn off the flame and garnish with chopped spring onions and serve hot.
Post a Comment