Nargisi Kofta is one of the most favourite dish on the menu in Indian Cuisine. Its simple to make and and very rich. Nargisi kofta with eggs, chicken or beef are very popular. Today I wil share with you the vegetarian recipe of Nargisi Kofta.
For Kofta :
For Gravy :
- Potatoes 4 nos
- Carrots 1 cup shredded
- Green chillis finely chopped
- Paneer ( cottage ) 11/2 cup ( thick grated )
- Mixed dry fruits 1/2 cup ( almond, raisins, cashewnuts )
- Corriender leaves finely chopped
- Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- Corriender powder 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder 1/2 tsp
- Maida 11/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Onion paste 1 no small size
- Tomato Puree 4 nos
- Ginger/ Garlic paste 2 tsp
- Whole black peppers 4 nos
- Tez patta 1 no
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Dehgi mirchi 11/2 tsp
- Cumin powder 1 tsp
- Corriender powder 1 tsp
- Garam masala a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Oil 3 tsp
For Garnishing :
- Milk 1/2 cup
- Water 11/2 cup
1. In a bowl mix 1/2 cup grated paneer, dry fruits and salt together mix well.
- Shredded paneer and finely chopped corriender leaves.
2. Boil the potatoes and mash well. Add spices, shredded carrot, paneer, green chillis, corriender leaves, maida and salt and mix well.
|Paneer and dryfruit mixture is ready|
|The potato mixture is ready|
3. Make a ball of potato mixture and slowly flatten it without breaking it and make a cup. As shown in the below pic.
4. And place the paneer mixture in the centre and seal it from all the sides as you do it for any stuffed paratha.
5. And the koftas are ready to shallow fry. You can also deep fry but reduse oil consumption I have shallow fried the kofta on a non stick pan.
6. On a non stick pan shallow fry the koftas from both the sides till light golden brown and keep aside.
1. Chop onion and tomatoes.
2. Heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds and allow them to crackle.
3. Add black pepper and saute for a minute. Add chopped onions, ginger/garlic paste and saute til onions are translucent.
4. Add all spices except garam masala and mix well.
5. Add tomatoes and saute till the masala leaves oil from the sides.
6. Now cool this mixture and grind it into a fine paste.
7. Heat little oil in the same pan, add tez patta and the masala paste.
8. Saute it for a minute add milk, water and salt. Mix well.
9. Sprinkle some garam masala and cover it. Let it boil for 5 minutes.
10. Just before serving add the koftas to the gravy and reheat the dish.
11. Garnish with shredded panner and corriender leaves. Serve hot with any Indian bread or pulao.
Post a Comment