Brinjal / Baigan 1 medium size
Onion 1/2 onion ( finely chopped )
Tomato 1 medium size ( finely chopped )
Green chillis 2 ( finely chopped )
Garlic 2 no ( chopped in thin slices ) optinal [ Raw garlic add nice flavour ]
Fresh corriender leaves to garnish
Red chilli powder 11/2 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Asafotida a pinch
Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil 2 tsp
1. Wash and dry pat the brinjal. Oil the brinjal from all sides & make few pricks with a fork or knife all over the brinjal.
2. Roast the brinjal on the gas or in an oven till the brinjal shrinks and the skin peels out.
3. Once cooked remove the brinjal and allow it to cool.
4. Finely chop onions, tomatoes, green chillies, garlic & corriender leaves.
5. In bowl mash the cooked brinjal and add all the chopped veggis, spices and salt.
6. In a small pan heat oil add mustard seeds and all them to crackle. Add asafotida.
7. Pour this tempering over the brinjal and mix well.
8. Garnish and serve with chapati ( indian bread ).