Achari Paneer is quick to make and tastes delicious.
1/2 packet paneer (cottage cheese)
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup finely chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup finely chopped capsicum
2 finely chopped green chillies
2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
Fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
Whole spices [ Tez patta, corriender seeds, dry red chilli, cinnamon stick, green cardamon, black peppers, khus khus, cumin seeds ]
1 1/2 tsp Deggi mirch
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp kasuri methi
2 tbsp oil
A pinch of turmericSalt to taste
1. In a pan add all the whole masalas and dry roast till it gives nice aroma. Do not burn. Grind the masala in to a fine powder and keep aside.
2. In a pan heat oil add cumin seeds and allow them to crackle. Add chopped onions, green chillies, ginger garlic paste and saute till onions are translucent.
3. Add deggi mirch, fresh grounded whole masala, turmeric and mix well. Add chopped tomatoes and sprinkle few drops of water and let the masala cook until the masala leaves oil.
4.Add the capsicum, and paneer and mix well. Add little water and cover and let it cook for 5-6 minutes.
5. Add salt and sprinkle some garam masala, kasuri methi and mix well.
6. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with any Indian bread.