Chicken 4 leg pieces
For Marination :
Red chilli powder 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Lemon juice 2 tsp
Yogurt 1oo gms ( 1 cup)
Cream 100 gms ( 1 cup)
Ginger/garlic paste 11/2 tsp
Cumin powder 1 tsp
Garam masala 1/2 tsp
Saffron a pinch
Orange colour a drop
For Gravy :
Onions 1 no
Tomatoes 3 nos
Green chilli 2 nos
Cashewnut paste 2 tbsp
Butter 1 cup
Ginger/garlic paste 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Fresh corriender leaves for garnishing
Cream 2 tbsp
Method for Tandoori Chicken :
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Clean chicken and make incissions.
3. Mix all the ingredients under Marination list together and rule over chicken and keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
4. Roast the chicken in the oven and keep basting it as required.
Method for making Gravy :
1. Slice the onions and saute them in little oil till nice golden brown and then grind them to make brown paste. Keep aside.
2. Melt 1/2 cup of butter in handi or deep pan. Add ginger/garlic paste and saute till light brown.
3. Add finely chopped tomatoes and simmer until completely cooked.
4. Add brown onion paste, salt and some water to make nice gravy consistency. cook for some time until the water mixes well and makes a fine gravy.
5. Now sieve this gravy this gravy through a fine wire mash in a bowl.
6. Now melt the remaining 1/2 cup of butter in pan, add some chopped ginger and green chilli and saute over medium heat.
7. Add cashewnut paste and saute untill golden brown.
8. Mix the gravy to it.
1. Finally add the tandoori chicken and sprinkle garam masala to it and simmer for 7-8 minutes.
2. Add salt if required.
3. Garnish with cream and finely chopped corriender leaves and serve hot with Nan, roti or rice.