Spring Appam / Appe are very quick to make and tastes great. Its a south Indian dish and usually made by adding onions and other spices. To make it nutritious I have added few vegetables. I have used Gits Idli batter to make appe. Its quick to make and tastes the same as you make from appe batter. Can be made for breakfast or evening snack and served with chutney.
1 packet Gits idli batter
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
2 finely chopped green chillies1/2 tsp ginger paste
1/2 cup finely chopped capsicum
1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
Finely chopped coriander
Salt to taste
Oil as required
Note: To make this dish we need Appe pan, it is specially designed to make appe.
1. In a bowl add water to the idli mix, use little less water then specified on the gits packet. Example: If specified 320 ml water then add 310 ml water.
2. To this add chopped onion, capsicum, carrots, green chillies, coriander, ginger paste and all the spices. Add 2 tsp oil and mix well. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
|Batter is ready|
3. For the first use grease the Appe pan with oil. For the further use just add a drop of oil in every roundal of the pan.
4. Heat the pan. and add little batter to every roundal of the pan. As shown in the below picture.
5. Let it cook till light golden brown and turn over with help of spoon or fork to cook from other side. As shown in the below picture.
6. Once cooked well remove from the appe pan and add the second batch.
7. Serve hot with any South Indian chutney you like or ketchup.