I thought of making a complete meal in plate. Hence I have combined Spinach Risotto and Garlic bread with Pasta Paprika. I have given Spinach Risotto an Indian touch . The Garlic bread too is home made, very quick and simple to make. So lets start with the recipe.
|Pasta Paprika served with Spinach Risotto and Garlic Bread|
- 2 cups Pasta ( I have used Penne and Farfala)
- 2 1/2 cup Bechamel sauce/ White sauce
- 2 cups of colourful Bell peppers/ capsicum chopped in medium size cubes
- Red pepper/ Chilli flakes to taste
- Black pepper powder to taste
- Italian seasonings to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- Salt to taste
Recipe for Bechamel Sauce / White Sauce :
Ingredients for Spinach Risotto / Spinach Rice:
- 1 bundle of Spinach ( I have used baby spinach )
- 2 cups Rice
- 3-4 whole black peppers
- 11/2 tsp ginger/garlic paste
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- Salt to taste
Ingredients for Garlic bread :
- 6 slices of sandwich bread or buns
- Fresh garlic paste
- Amul butter
Method to make Pasta Paprika :
1. Boil pasta. Once boiled wash it with cold running water in a colander. This makes the pasta to remain non sticky for long time.
2. Cook bechamel sauce, once it starts to boil a little add all the chopped colourfull peppers, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and pasta. Mix well. Let it cook for 5 mins on low flame.
3. Remove from fire and add black pepper powder and some red chilli flakes. Mix well.
Method for making Spinach Risotto / Spinach Rice :
1. Boil spinach in microwave for 5 mins. Take little of spinach, chop it rough and finely. Puree the rest of the spinach. Keep aside.
2. In pan heat olive oil. Add cumin seeds and allow them to crackle.
3. Add whole black peppers and fry them for a minute.
4. Add ginger / garlic paste and rice. Fry them for few seconds. Add water lets the rice cook completely.
5. Once the rice is cook pour the spinach puree and chopped spinach and mix well. Add salt.
6. Keep the flame low and cover the pan with a lid. Let it cook for 5-10 mins and remove from the flame.
Method for making Quick garlic bread:
1. In a soft amul butter mix the fresh garlic paste or finely grated garlic paste and mix well.
2. Spread it on the bread and bake it at 350 degree in the oven.
3. When it is light golden brown, remove from the oven.
Tip : to the butter you can also add some herbs or pepper.
Dish Arrangement :
1. In plate add the pasta and garnish with red pepper / chilli flakes.
2. In a mould add rice and turn thr mould up side down to get the shape.
3. Place a garlic bread.