I am sure we all enjoy dhaba food. Dhaba means a roadside small food outlet. In India dhaba food is very famous for its North Indian food specially. Let me share dal recipe which I have tried making dhaba style.
1 cup Rajma (kidney beans)
1 cup chana dal ( spilt bengal gram)
1 cup black spilt urad dal
1 onion finely chopped
1 1/2 tomato finely chopped
2 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
2 tsp corriender powder
2 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
Little kasuri methi
Salt to taste
2 tsp oil
2 tbsp ghee (optinal)
For Garnishing :
Finely chopped corriender leaves
1. Soak rajma, urad dal and channa dal over night or atleast 6 hours prior.
2. Boil them in a pressure cooker until soft.
3. In pan heat oil and add cumin seeds and allow them to crackle.
4. Add chopped onions and ginger - garlic paste, and saute till onions are translucent.
5. Add red chilli powder, cumin - corriender powder, mix well.
6. Add chopped tomatoes and mix well. Allow this masala to cook well.
7. As the masala cooks you can see masala leaves oil at the sides.
8. Now add the boiled dals, add water if required and mix well.
9 Once the dal comes to boil add salt, garam masala, kasuri methi and mix well.
10. Let it boil for 5 more minutes and put off the heat.
11. Add little ghee, this enhances the taste.
12. Transfer the dal in the serving bowl and garnish with chopped corriender leaves and some grated paneer.
13. Serve with Naan, roti, paratha or rice.