Mutter Kachori taste yummy and great for a tea time snack. Kachoris are made with various stuffing. I have used the fresh peas stuffing. Kachoris are deep fried in oil. For many weight watchers this becomes a concern to enjoy this yummy dish. I have used oil but very little and baked them, which makes they healthy too!!! Hope you enjoy them :)
2 cups Green peas use frozen or fresh
2 green chillis
2 tsp corriender powder
2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
Salt to taste
Oil as required
2 cups Maida
Method for making dough :
1. In large bowl or parat add maida, salt, little oil. Mix well and knead into a semi soft dough.
2. When the dough is done apply little oil to the palm and knead it for few minutes.
3. Cover with a damp cloth to keep it moist.
Method for makeing stuffing :
1. Wash the peas/mutter.
2. In blender add green chillis and mutter and grind it coarsly.
3. Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan add cumin seeds and allow it to crackle.
4. Add the mutter and saute for a minute.
5. Add cumin, corriender powder, salt. Mix well.
6. Saute for few minutes. No water should remain, this stuffing should be dry. As seen in below picture.
Method for making kachoris :
1. On a baking tray apply oil.
2. Make equal size balls of the dough.
3. With a rolling pin flatten the the ball. Place the some filling in the center.
4. Bring together all sides and seal the filling in the center.
5. Again with the rolling pin flaten a little.
6. Make similarly all kachoris and place them on the baking tray.
7. Apply or brush little oil on the top of the kachoris.
8. Bake them at 250 degrees in the oven till light brown.Approximately 20 minutes.
9. Once baked let it cool for few minutes and serve with chutney or sauce.