- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp (about 16 to 24) – any available size, except baby shrimp
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 small onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Juice of 1 lime/lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse shrimp and set aside.
- Add oil and butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook garlic 1 or 2 minutes or until softened but not browned. Add onions sauté till translucent.
- Add wine and cook till half (if you don’t want to use wine, completely skip the step)
- Add lemon juice and Shrimp; cook until shrimp are pink and firm, about 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Do not overcook. Add chopped parsley and salt and pepper before serving. Garnish with lemon slices and parsley sprigs.
Note: Do not let it dry, sauce is the important key in this recipe. Pour the sauce with shrimp on any bed of cooked orzo, pasta or rice.
Recipe by: Megha Jadhav - Shivekar