I had some left over rice. Thought of trying something new, and cooked this dish. And it tastes great.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1/2 Tomato chopped
- Some curry leaves
- Chopped corriender leaves
- 1 Green chilli chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp corriender powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 5 Kokam pieces
- Pinch of asafotida/hing
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
1. Heat oil in pan add cumin seeds allow it to crackle. Add asafotida.
2. Add curry leaves, green chillis and onion. Saute till half done.
3. Add all spices and tomatoes and mix well.
4. Add kokam pieces and sprinkle some water. Cover the pan with a lid and let the masala cook till well done.
5. Add rice and salt and mix well.
6. Cover the pan and let it cook for 5 minutes.
7. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve.
Tip : You can also add some peanuts and cashewnut to the dish.