I had some left over rice. Thought of trying something new, and cooked this dish. And it tastes great.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1/2 Tomato chopped
- Some curry leaves
- Chopped corriender leaves
- 1 Green chilli chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp corriender powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 5 Kokam pieces
- Pinch of asafotida/hing
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
1. Heat oil in pan add cumin seeds allow it to crackle. Add asafotida.
2. Add curry leaves, green chillis and onion. Saute till half done.
3. Add all spices and tomatoes and mix well.
4. Add kokam pieces and sprinkle some water. Cover the pan with a lid and let the masala cook till well done.
5. Add rice and salt and mix well.
6. Cover the pan and let it cook for 5 minutes.
7. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve.
Tip : You can also add some peanuts and cashewnut to the dish.
Great !! It's a completely new dish and another way to use up the left over rice :)
Looks interesting... will try it out soon n let you know :D
Very interesting rice,looks interesting.
Your blog has caught our attention thanks to the quality of your recipes. We would be delighted if you would join us on Recipes.in so that we could link to your blog.
Recipes.in is a search engine that compiles the best Indian cooking sites and blogs from the Internet. We are the second largest in the world with sites in 37 markets and several hundred blogs are already enrolled here and benefit from the traffic we are sending to their sites.
To join Recipes.in, just go to http://www.recipes.in/add-your-food-blog
Post a Comment