Below ingredients list will make 5 to 6 big dosas
Cooking time - 25 min
- 1cup Oats ( please use regular oats do not use flavoured ones)
- 1/4th cup Urad dal
- Salt to taste
- Oil for making dosa
1. Make fine powder in a mixer of oats and urad dal. (Optional - you can dry roast before powdering but it will not make much of a difference)
2. Add water and salt to this powdered mixture. Make dosa batter of pouring consistency as you make for regular dosa.
3. Let this batter rest for 15mins ( you can ferment this batter overnight or add eno fruit salt only after 15mins. )
Note : It would not make any difference if you don't ferment the batter so fermentation is completely optional.
4. Make dosa like regular ones, on non-stick pan. They will be as crispy as regular ones.
5. Once dosas are cooked, serve them with aloo sabzi, sambar and coconut chutney.
This recipe is excellent for weight watchers and diabetic people as regular dosas have large amount of rice.
Recipe by : Apoorva Patwardhan
Post a Comment