Its always nice to have variation than regular we cook, so this recipe will be nice specially for the people with sweet tooth. Well we all enjoy sweets ocassionaly. Apple Halwa / sheera is different from the regular halwa / sheera we make.
4 apples peeled and chopped in to small pieces or grated the apples
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tbsp cinnamon powder
3 tbsp crushed walnut
2 tbsp crushed almond
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp ghee
1. Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a pan.
2. Add the apples and fry them for 5 minutes. Stirring often till they becomes soften.
3. Add 2 tbsp water.Lower the heat and cook these uncovered for 15-20 minutes keep stirring
4. With the help of spoon mash the cooked apples and keep on stirring so that the mixture does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
5. Add 1 1/2 cup Sugar
6. Add 1/2 tbsp Cinnamon Powder
7. Add Walnut
9. Continue to cook for 5 minutes more.
10. Garnish with almonds & serve apple halwa warm or cold.
Thanks to Gauri Pimprikar for sharing the recipe.