Moong Dal Halwa is very popular dish and enjoyed specially during winters. Its a popular dish from Rajasthan. Cooked from yellow moong dal.
- 100 gms / 7-8 cups yellow spilt moong dal washed and soaked
- 100 gms ghee / butter
- 300 ml water
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- Sugar to taste
- Few almonds
· 1. Grind the moong in mixer untill coarse.
· 2. Heat ghee in a nonstick pan and roast the above moong mixer untill it becomes golden brown.
· 3. Boil water and sugar in a separate pan to make sugar syrup.
· 4. Put the boiling water and sugar mixture in the moong mixture and keep stirring without any lump formation.
· 5. Add cardamom powder and crushed almonds.
· 6. Close the lid and let it cook till it starts leaving ghee.
· 7. Serve hot.
Recipe by : Vibhuti Kavishwar