Change in meals is always fun. Everyday same routine dal some times becomes quiet boring. Hariyali dal is quiet refreshing and a good change for the taste buds. Its nice fresh green colour makes it tempting. Its quick to make.
- 1 cup cooked toor dal
- 1/2 cup chopped corriender leaves
- 2 green chillis
- 1 small piece ginger
- 2 garlic pieces
- 2 curry leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- Pinch of hing / asafotida
- 2 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
1. In a blender mix cooked dal, corriender leaves, garlic and ginger. Blend it finely.
2. Heat oil in pan add cumin seeds and let it crackle. Add curry leaves and hing/asafotida.
3. Add the blended dal to the tadka and add little water and mix well.
4. Add salt and let it boil.
5. Adjust the water as per the consistency to like.
6. Serve hot with meal.